The usually vibrant and exciting caravan, outdoor and boating show calendar was sadly quietened in 2020 as another casualty of the coronavirus pandemic. But we are pleased to report that many organisers are confident of hosting a COVID-safe event in 2021 and an extensive calendar of show dates has been posted. If you're in the market for a new boat or caravan, attending a show can offer a fantastic opportunity to see many different makes and models in the one place and discuss and share tips and hints with other owners.
If you’re planning to place your order at a show, then we have some buyer’s hints and hacks to share to ensure you are well-prepared to capture those show specials. But first with the dates. We’ve compiled a list of dates for the first part of the year. They have been sourced from reliable sources but the COVID scenario is constantly changing so stay tuned to the individual show websites for updated details.
Caravan, Outdoor and Boating Show Dates: Start 2021
This is not a full list but selected dates. So stay tuned through your comms channels for more info and extra dates.
- Sydney Boat Show starts 29 July
- Brisbane Boat Show from 20 August
- Sanctuary Cove Boat Show 20-23 May
- Melbourne Boat Show 17-20 June
- Newcastle Caravan Lifestyle Expo 5-7 Feb
- Moreton Bay Expo 12-14 Feb
- NSW Caravan Holiday Supershow 13-18 April
- Let’s Go Caravan Show South Aust 17-21 Feb
- Let’s Go Gold Coast 5-7 Mar
- Great Outdoor Expo Mornington 11-14 Mar
- Perth Caravan Show 17-21 Mar
- Sth Qld Caravan, Boating & Fishing Expo 9-11 Apr
- Albury-Wodonga Caravan, Fish and Boat Show 30 Apr-2 May
- Ballarat Great Outdoor Expo 30 Apr-2 May
- Cairns Camping and Boat Show 7-9 May
Ensure you follow COVID-safe regulations when attending. Check with organiser about any restrictions, have a mask and sanitiser and enjoy.
Most shows will require pre-booked tickets available online. Numbers are likely to be limited so it’s wise to get in early and book your space as soon as they become available.
Tips for Show Visitors
Before heading to a caravan or boating show, visitors should prepare, especially if you intend to place an order at the show. Suppliers are always keen to move stock and write orders at these events so you need to be ready for the specials but also aware of the selling tactics.
Here’s a few tips from our show veterans:-
- Review the list of exhibitors prior to arrival to ensure the supplier you’re interested in will be exhibiting. If you’re interested in seeing a specific model, contact them prior and possibly set-up a meeting time so you don’t miss your opportunity.
- Contact Jade Finance prior to arrange a pre-approved loan. There is no obligation to proceed if you organise finance, but you’ll have it up your sleeve if you do decide to place an order on show day.
- Have our loan calculator accessible on the day. Ensure you have our tools on your phone so you can discretely calculate repayment estimates while browsing and discussing pricing with the representatives. You can always give us a quick call for a quick quote while you’re at the event.
- Many exhibitors offer show specials. Having your finance organised will put you in a better position to capture any discounts and deals on offer.
- If a dealer offers you finance on the spot – stop! Jade Finance is highly likely to be able to source you a better caravan finance or boat loan. Don’t rush to sign, rush to call Jade and get an alternative quote from us.
- Refer to our lender comparison chart and enter your loan amount to see if the dealer finance is actually the real deal. This is just an estimate but may assist with comparing offers.
Pre-Approved Show Loans
If you’re serious about placing an order for a boat or caravan at a show event, then arranging a pre-approved loan through Jade Finance is very sensible way to approach your purchase. The process for applying is similar to when applying for a loan after you’ve ordered except it is approved on the basis of a spend estimate rather than the exact supplier invoice.
If you decide you don’t want to proceed with ordering, then there is no problem as there is no obligation with a pre-approved loan. They do have a timeframe which they must be utilised before after which the loan may need to be reviewed. But your Jade consultant will advise of that when arranging your loan.
More Event News
We’re staying across the events and happenings as much as possible and will post more news as the big events get closer and additional details are released. We’ll also post the later year dates.
To arrange a ‘pre-approved show loan’ contact Jade Finance Call 1300 000 008
DISCLAIMER: NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR MISINTERPRETATION, MISREPRESENTATIONS OR ERRORS IN THE INFORMATION AND PRODUCT DETAILS INCLUDED IN THIS ARTICLE AS SOURCED THROUGH OTHER ORGANISATIONS AND MANUFACTURERS. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS NOT PRESENTED FOR OR INTENDED AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF FINANCIAL INFORMATION IN REGARD TO A FINANCIAL DECISION. IT IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. IF A READER CONSIDERS THEY MAY REQUIRE ADVICE RE THEIR INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES, IT IS ADVISED THAT THEY CONSULT WITH A FINANCIAL ADVISOR.