With the 2020 calendar of boat shows, caravan shows, truck expos and equipment field days decimated due to coronavirus, it’s great to see industry bodies posting their calendars of events for 2021. While the Melbourne Boat Show was on and then off again, there is a comprehensive schedule of events planned for those interested in boats, caravans, trucks, a range of business equipment and machinery.
Attending shows presents potential buyers with great opportunities to easily see a wide range of makes and models in the one place, speak with manufacturer reps in a less high-pressure selling environment and see products you may not have even known were on the market.
Exhibitors use shows to launch product and promote their models to a large number of people in the space of a few days. But they are also extremely keen to write orders! After the issues of 2020 many will be exceptionally eager to make up for lost sales in 2021. Many will offer ‘show specials’ which may include discounts and offers which are only available for those that buy or order at the show. These offers are used to entice and incentivise buyers but they can also offer great value.
So how can you capture those opportunities and what can you expect in shows and field days for 2021?
2021 Events Calendar
The caravan and boating industries released their calendar of shows a few weeks back and we have posted this in an article which we refer you to. As mentioned, the Melbourne Boat Show has been cancelled due to exhibitors not having sufficient stock. But that can mean – road trip – for boat fans. Plan a trip to Sydney, Brisbane or Sanctuary Cove for the big shows or check out the caravan and outdoor shows.
Caravan shows have expanded their scope in recent years and now tend to be general outdoor lifestyle events. Many include exhibitors for both the caravan industry, the boating sector and 4WD vehicles to include many lifestyles and buyers.
For truck buyers, the Brisbane Truck Show in May is shaping up as the major event for the sector, despite some of the big names not exhibiting. The show is proceeding at this stage so make your plans.
For those in the mining sector, make your plans to attend AIMEX in November at the Sydney Showgrounds. Scheduled for 16-18 November so plenty of time to get organised.
For the civil construction, building, trades and ag sector, an extensive calendar has been released, so get your diary open to note these dates and locations:-
- 26-28 March, Perth Home Show
- 9-11 April, National Diesel, Dirt and Turf Expo at Sydney’s Eastern Creek
- 16-18 April, Melbourne Autumn Home Show at the convention centre
- 30 April to 2 May, Masters Builders SA Home Show in Adelaide
- 13-15 May Civil Construction Field Days at Hamilton QLD in conjunction with the Brisbane Truck Show
- 8-10 June. Farmfest is on in Toowoomba
- 16-18 June Perth Tradie Expo is on at Ascot Racecourse
- 6-8 August Perth Home Show at the exhibition centre
- 17-19 August head to Gunnedah in western NSW for AgQuip
- 20-22 August Melbourne Home Show
- 21-23 September Henty Machinery Field Days
- 5-7 October Elmore Machinery Field Days
- 11-13 October DesignBUILD is on at Sydney’s ICC
- 15-17 October the Adelaide Home Show is on
- 21-23 October Australian National Field Days at Borenore NSW
- 23-24 November Sydney Build Expo at Sydney’s ICC
We’re sure to come across more events so stay connected with our news for updates.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions 2021 events will need to comply with relevant state COVID-safe event plans. Make sure you check in with the event organisers via social, web or subscribe to updates so you know what to expect.
Pre-booking will be required at many events and capacity may also be limited. So early registration could be advisable.
Be Ready to Capture a Deal
If you intend to place an order at a show, we have some great hints around the finance and loans side of the process.
- Have our Jade Finance interest rate comparison easily accessible on your phone. If you’re offered dealer finance at the show, quickly refer to our cheap interest rates so you don’t sign up for a more costly loan.
- When comparing makes and models, refer to our calculators for rough estimates on repayments for the different price points. The calculators are online tools such as car finance calculator, so you should be able to use them from a smart phone.
- Get pre-approved finance before the show. This can be key to capturing a show-stopper of a deal. Just speak with your Jade consultant in the time leading up to the show and have us arrange a pre-approved loan for you. This process involves organising your finance or loan up to approval stage so you can proceed to order your goods, confident that you have the funds approved to settle the deal. There is no obligation attached to pre-approved finance so if you have a change of mind and don’t place an order that is not an issue.
- Keep the Jade Finance contact number 1300 000 008 in your phone contacts so you can give us a call from the show to talk loans and finance.
Our services, including pre-approved loans are available across all our business finance and consumer loan categories.
2021 is shaping up as a great year for industry showcase events and with our finance services to assist you, you should be well-placed to capture a great deal.
For business finance and consumer loans, contact Jade Finance Call 1300 000 008
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS INFORMATION IS PROVIDED PURELY AS A GENERAL INFORMATIVE ARTICLE AND IS NOT INTENDED AS A SINGLE SOURCE FOR MAKING FINANCIAL DECISIONS. THOSE THAT CONSIDER THEY REQUIRE ADVICE IN REGARD TO THEIR FINANCIAL SITUATION ARE ADVISED TO REFER TO A FINANCIAL ADVISOR. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ERRORS OR MISINTERPRETATIONS IN THE DATA, FIGURES, DETAIL AND OTHER INFORMATION AS SOURCED FROM OTHER SOURCES.